Extra Extra Extra!!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Rising Ixa

There's a love and hate relationship i have with this figure. Even on the show, I have no amore to its form. But for what its worth, this SHF brings the right amount of value to it.

Rising Ixa has a more dominant blue and red color. Unlike my other SHF figure (Ixa) there is a metallic feel to it, more metal-looking parts highlight the scheme of this figure. Rising Ixa, along side with its ground form probably has the best articulation despite having huge shoulder pads.

Accessory count does not veer away from its ground form except for two added items: Ixa Riser in Gun mode and one in phone mode. Paint details are fair but I wished they (bandai) could have painted its back side. But this is just a minor disappointment compared to (well that is for my next review - Kuuga Rising Mighty).

Knee pads tend to fall of while I was checking the articulation on the legs. It does so with utmost frequency. I still like hinges on the foot section as they were more secure especially when I try to pose the figure to its maximum potential. Most SHF fanatics would easily fall in love with this Bandai collector's shop figure especially if they have SH Figuarts Ixa. But for me I couldn't have a finger on it to point its flaws as a whole. I think its the sculpt of the head or a huge red star-like ornament on his chest. Take those out and the whole figure is ok with me. Then again, it wouldn't be Rising Ixa would it?

I got this because I felt the necessity since I got Ixa and I had a couple more dollars to splurge - so what the hell, always the collector's dilemma. If you have SHF Ixa on had and you feel that is enough well you are in the right position. For me, I can go on with my hobby without the urge to pick this one up. (I know I'm contradicting myself with this statement - i bought this cheaper than its original price on its initial release ok? So that's my defense).

There goes another toy on the shelf. I need to built my own stock room. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...