Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Kabuto and DX Extender


My second double feature: SH Figuarts Kabuto and DX Extender

SH Figuarts Kabuto:

I watch Kabuto once and in my opinion the series is both entertaining and also overrated. I'm sorry for Kabuto fans out there but this is my opinion. However, I must admit that the popularity of the series has reached a lot of countries in South East Asia and aside from Den-o, Kabuto was indeed popular. In the plight of collecting all SHFs, I finally found him online. Luckily where I am from, this rider slightly easy to find. This is the first hsieh rider that SHF/Bandai has completed - unless they produce Hyper Gatack (who knows). 

SHF Kabuto got a re release in May 2011, so this is somewhat cheaper than the original version and without the bow-leggedness of the riders in this series (thank goodness). The package is the same with the first releases of the SHF line - grey box, black letters, picture of him at the back in various poses and a small simple window in front. Simple and straight forward.

He comes with two kunai knives, one a dagger and the other in gun or axe mode depending on how you hold it.  There are 5 hands in total - two holding hands, two open and the other is for that signature "walking in the path of heaven".

Just like my Dark Kabuto, he is very poseable with more than 20 articulation joints in total. Posing him for my photos is a breeze and most likely the most accurate figure on a 3 3/4 inch scale (I'm just guessing, I hate math). Some of the qualms I had with SHF Kabuto is the belt design. I expected more on SHF than the COR series. There is this noticeable hole at the side which should be where you can place the hyper zecter, it is nice to have but unnecessary, he doesn't have the hyper zecter anyway.


 



 

 
 
DX Kabuto Extender:

Together with SHF Kabuto, I also bought the DX Kabuto extender. Though it is more meant for the COR series, I decided to give it a try and make him ride the bike. I got it from eBay where it was on sale MISB (mint in sealed box) for only 10 USD. Hooray eBay. 

The DX Extender is really a sturdy piece of work. There are no kick stands but it is supported by feet rest on each side, making it lean slightly but surprisingly unnoticeable on an angle. A peg is placed at the end of the seat pad, like I said this is meant for COR. With a bit of care you can take this apart. 

The front of the bike looks like its rider, a kabuto shaped bike with horns sticking out and acts like a spoiler. This is painted in a red very metallic finish similar to its COR rider. Its red metallic lines goes through until the gas tank. The rest is painted in matte silver.Handlebars are a good fit for my SHF Kabuto and it may take a few trial and errors until you find a comfortable position for the SHF.

Cast off mode gimmick is quite simple. There are two button at the back of the seat panel to "cast off" and reveal the spring loaded longer nose.Split the front wheel, the nose goes out and push the head down. I felt that the extended nose is quite flimsy, I kept on tapping it just to get a feel on its longevity. Weird sense of measurement.

SHF version of the Kabuto Extender has yet to be seen in a far distant future. Then again, this is a nicely built bike that is best with both COR and SHF Kabuto. Highly recommended as long as you can get a bargain out of it. 
 

 
 

 


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...