Extra Extra Extra!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Toy Review: Revoltech Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

It's inevitable, I had gotten into the sink hole in getting my Iron Man War Machine Revoltech figure. There is a sense to find redemption because I wasn't too happy when Rev Iron Man Mark VI  that was sold to me by Inu. Mark VI was not up to my standard (as if I really have one).

Just like Mark VI, War Machine has a book-style box design which opens up to a window featuring the figure and the other side has the movie blurb in Japanese. It also features photos or scenes from the Iron Man 2 movie. This is why Iron Man Revoltech series is appealing and worthy to place it on your display case (for me its my humble bookshelf). Should I judge this book early as a great find? Let see.

First I would like to tackle are the accessories. War Machine has a shoulder cannon that has two revoltech joints. This allows you to move the cannon in different direction and position. Painfully, you will get into a pinch when trying to place this on his shoulders. For me, it was difficult to maneuver the cannon so it can sit proportionately on any side. The guns on his arms are already attached and can be removed if wanted to. Like Mark VI, War Machine came with effects parts to simulate blasts from the guns. Be careful on these parts because they are really pointy. I could even rip a paper apart without effort. Safety warning doesn't apply on Japan-released figures :). Finally, he has two extra pulse blast hands similar to Iron Man.

Honestly, I don't have any point of comparison with other War Machines because this is my first WM. As first glance I'm glad that the Air Force symbols and letters on different sections are very sharp. These are very clean especially for a 6-inch figure. His joints on the arms and legs are very precise which I like. I had long issues with Revoltech joints but War Machine was ok. Ok in the sense that he has one hiccup - his left foot, once move up and about will be difficult to place back into default position.

Another observation or should I say wishlist for War Machine is first to have a clear plastic on the Arc Reactor. It feels very hollow and really not that appealing for Iron Man fans. Second would be the eye lids. It seems that the red highlights underneath the eye are seemingly forced in ,rather enhancing the visors' look and feel.

Analyzing the figure more, I found out that his torso is top heavy while the legs are too thin to support. In some occasions, making this figure stand up straight is a tedious thing to do.

Articulation wise- War Machine is more stable than Iron Man as a Revoltech Figure. I'm happy that War Machine is more playable and proportionate despite my notes above. Moreover, you can use the blast base from Iron Man Mark VI. Overall War Machine is far way more decent than Iron Man. I would recommend this to other collectors but with a bit of caution through my pros and cons. But I bet this figure will be less appealing for the hard core fans.


 

 
 
  
 
 
 

 


2 comments:

Wes said...

Hi so you are saying that there is no clear plastic on the chest piece unlike Revoltech Ironman Mk 4?

Firestarter1331 said...

no, there is no clear plastic but its like a hollow chest

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...