Extra Extra Extra!!!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Toy Review: S.H. Figuarts Space Sheriff Gavan

The first time you get your hands on the S.H. Figuarts Space Sheriff Gavan, the first thing you’ll notice is how perfect the shinny chromed armor is on top of the plastic. Beware that since it is a very shiny figure, it is also prone to finger marks. So if you are into toy photography, wipe it first with a clean cloth. As for the rest of the parts, in my opinion, Bandai did its job in keeping this figure really close to the space sheriff.


Gavan includes 6 hands mainly for his signature poses and for the swords. There are two swords in the set. One is a very common sword with the handle wrapped in black accents and a slightly pliable blade. The other already has the Gavan Dynamic effect. I’m ok with these but I wished there was another sword with just the translucent laser blue blade. But I am not complaining.Sliding the laser blade on the hands is difficult at first but it is something you can get used to overtime. Last is a replaceable head with lighted eyes that connotes that your end is near. Just to add, it seems that the sword with the effects feels heavy on the figure. Most of the time I had to use the Tamashii Stage that I have on hand just to stabilize certain holds.

Articulation is spectacular, there is just a right amount of joints enabling the figure to do the roll call poses.Though sometimes the ab joint slightly follows my Action Works version that tends to be all over the place.  

So where do I stand on this Tamashii Web Exclusive? I’m actually happy on the outcome on the overall sculpt and execution on the figure. However I guess I was expecting something more for a character as iconic as Gavan, gracing the popular S.H. Figuarts line. Even if the price tag is quite steep compared to what he is inclusive with, I’m sure this is an easy buy for metal hero fans. More to this from the video review below.


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...